Monday, January 24, 2011

Prepping for Spring

"The new phone book's here!  The new phone book's here!"  

(Name that movie...it's one of my favorites!)

Ok, so maybe it's not as exciting as the phone book, but guess what? The new seed catalogs are here!!  Time to start planning my garden...oh, the possibilities!

There are a few new additions planned for this year...

- 2 more raised beds

- add blueberry bushes

- find that special bush or tree for Haley's grave

- build a trellis for peas

- turnips, sweet corn, potatoes, blackberries

In addition to the favorites we normally plant...peas, cukes, spaghetti squash, green beans, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, carrots, buttercrunch lettuce, ruby chard, cabbage, eggplant, peppers, cilantro, basil, watermelon, and strawberries.

Once we get my garden planted, I hope to have time to get my new gardening shed set up and organized.  Since Barry is building a new pole barn here in a month or so, I am inheriting our shed as my new gardening shed.  Barry will put a few windows in it and some shelves, as well as a worktable. How very exciting for me! I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Kate said...

'The Jerk' - one of my all-time favorites too!

Happy Seeding! I need to take a cue from you and beat these winter blues. All that keeps running through my head, though, is that 'bikini season' is not far away! And that seems to stress me more than motivate me. Today I'm just in a cleaning frenzy to keep my mind occupied :)

Kuckie said...

It's no good to stress over 'bikini season', Kate! I just try to keep myself busy and focus on the upcoming season...I like winter because it's the one season where we actually get some time to REST and plan ahead for the rest of the year. Of course, I'll welcome spring with open arms too... :)

 
Designed by Lena