Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Punishment

I've been getting into a lot of trouble lately.

For some reason, everything I do is wrong in Noah's eyes. Today, he asked for milk and I was washing up some pots and pans in the kitchen, so I told him just a minute. He asked two more times before I was finished, and each time I told him to "please be patient, I'm almost finished". When I finally came into the great room with his milk, he told me that I was in big trouble because I wasn't "wistening". And even more importantly, I was going to receive a punishment. A punishment!!!

I was almost giddy with anticipation. I had high hopes of being sent to my room for the rest of the day! "Bring it on!", I thought. I planned how I would lay in bed and read for an hour or two...napping on and off. HEAVEN!!

But alas, no. Turns out that Noah's idea of a punishment is for me to make him a snack and clean up his dishes afterward...and then he gave me a hug and told me he knew I could do better next time. Hmmmmmm....

I'm either doing something very right, or something very wrong.

6 comments:

terri said...

I'm going to vote for "very right" combined with a kid who is too smart for his own good! What a cutie! LOL!

California Girl said...

He's a smart kid and adorable too! You've done right with your kids - way to go! Now go sit in the corner! lol!

Jenelle said...

lol... that boy and his milk.

Kate said...

hahaha - that kid is hysterical! C'mon Kuckie, you can do better next time. Seriosuly. All you have to do is wisten.

country mouse said...

I'm so glad you're blogging all these funny little incidents because having a permanent record of them when he's, oh, say 13 and kinda lippy with you, is going to be priceless : )

Teresa said...

Seriously...you couldn't even "wisten" to "hwim"?? Wow...I really think that called for a day grounded to your "wroom"! LOL!!! ...love that kid! :)

 
Designed by Lena