Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Trick or Treat Fun

Halloween has come and gone, and I can hardly believe it is November 4th and I'm just now getting this pics posted! But let me just say that the week of Halloween was crazy with activities around here. Trick or Treat was on Thursday night, and every year our friends have a pre-Trick-or-Treat pizza party. It's great fun, as even the adults come in costume and it's always entertaining to see what everyone comes up with. This year, we went as characters from The Incredibles, as you can see from the picture above. The kids loved their costumes, and Barry rocked the house as Syndrome. I, of course, was Edna...the superhero supersuit designer. The kids loved getting into their roles as superheros...and truth be told, I think someone (who shall remain nameless) was really enjoying being a villian!Here is the hostess with the mostess...Miss Amy, dressed as Cruella DeVille herself! Doesn't she look simply D.I.V.I.N.E.???After the pizza party, the kids were itching to get started trick-or-treating, of course! So we got the group together and headed down Main Street to see what kind of goodies we could find...
After we did significant damage on Main Street, we loaded up the family and headed out to the lake to make our way around to some friends' houses. The good thing about this strategy is that it is A LOT of walking, and the kids are more than ready for bed when we get home! They were seriously in bed asleep within 15 minutes of getting home.

Then, on Friday morning, I had to take Noah down to his preschool for the Trick-or-Treat parade, which is really great because the people who work in the building come down and sit in an auditorium with big bowls of treats and the kids parade through, filling their buckets. It's quick, fun, and a lot of the people do a great job with the treats. We had lots of goldfish crackers, gift certificates for Frostys, fruit snacks, teddy grahams, and the like. Noah doubled what he had gotten the night before, so you can only imagine his disappointment when Mama told him he couldn't have any of his candy until after lunch...
After the parade, we met Barry for lunch and headed home. I had to be at Kendall's school by 2:30 for her Harvest Party. Her room mother had done a spectacular job! She had multiple games, crafts, and we had all brought good snacks for the kids. Too much sugar of course...but whatchagonnado? We had a really great time! Here are the kids after a game where they had to race to make a mummy out of toilet paper...
It was a fun day, but I'm tellin' you what...I had to take a nap late in the afternoon! I was so stinkin' tired! I laid down around 4:30 and didn't wake up until 6:00! I couldn't believe anyone let me sleep that long. I asked Barry why he didn't get me up, and he said he didn't have the heart, I was SOOOO out. Felt awesome at the time, but notsomuch at 2:30 that night when I couldn't sleep! LOL!!!

Hope you all had a great Halloween! What was the most creative costume you saw? I've got to start thinking about next year! :)

3 comments:

terri said...

These are GREAT pictures and it looks like everyone had so much fun! And Noah finally got some candy, only to be told he had to wait to eat it. LOL. Poor kid!

Claire said...

Your photos are a picture perfect view of an American Halloween - love your costumes!!!

Yogesh Chavan said...

Very Nice..Great Fun
A simpler life

 
Designed by Lena