Wednesday, June 03, 2009

How does your garden grow?

I'm so excited!!

You'd think that for as many years as I've tended this garden, that it wouldn't be so exciting when the little sprouts pop up through the dirt, and yet it is!! This week, after a good amount of rain and lots of heat, my garden started showing signs of my impending harvest. Check it out, peeps...
And check out my poor, sad, strawberry patch. It did not get the attention it so needed and deserved last fall due to us focusing on builiding the wetlands...and now we are paying the price. Oh, the weeds!!!
But rest assured, those precious little berries are in there...we just have to hunt a little more for them!

4 comments:

KC said...

YUM!!! I love fresh fruits and veggies from the garden. Can't wait to get our first tomatoes off...should be ripe soon. Yea!!!

Kate said...

looks great! my hopes of starting the seeds indoors . . . .umm, didn't work out so well. so right now I'm just working on my upside down tomato planter and if that's a success, then I'll add to it. those berries look divine!

Jenelle said...

yeah

Anonymous said...

I want a huge strawberry patch too! I just started and only have 3 plants this year. I'll add more next year. Did you start yours w/ plants or seeds?

 
Designed by Lena