Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Shutterfly, baby!!

Hey folks!  This is the beginning of a few posts I'm going to write on some great gift ideas I'm finding, or have found in the past.  We can all use some good ideas, right?  So why not share them and we can all give gifts that make the people who receive them smile their brightest smile?? 

First up...SHUTTERFLY!!!

You all know I love to take pictures, right?  I mean, I'm pretty sure we've established that by now.  Digital photography is awesome because we can take so many pictures and see them before we print them!  How cool is that?!  Although many people are quick to point out that with digital photography comes the caveat that most people don't print their pictures anymore.  We're all sharing them through our blogs, Facebook, emails, and various other mediums.  And I agree!  I rarely print many pictures anymore because there are so many cool things out there to do with them digitally!  And of all the companies I've used, Shutterfly remains one of my favorites.  They have a great selection, are easy to use, and their customer service is actually helpful! What a concept!  So of course, being that the Christmas season is upon us, I thought I'd share with you why Shutterfly is a favorite of mine at the holidays.

Over the past few years, I've made my Christmas cards on Shutterfly, created a few photobooks, which are ALWAYS a hit (check out this one!), had ornaments made with a favorite picture to give away at Christmastime, designed my own mousepad, and of course, I've also had pictures actually PRINTED!!!  And you know the best part?  Those are just a few of the things you can do at Shutterfly!  A few years ago, my sister 'pirated' some of my favorite pictures I had taken and made them into a photo calendar for me for Christmas.  I loved it!  Check out their designs, peeps!  The grandparents LOVE these.

I've already made my Christmas card for this year too, and I must say, it's a keeper.  I had it done in under 15 minutes, and I do believe it's my best ever!  I'm not going to link to it though, because I don't want to ruin the surprise to all who will be receiving one!  But I AM going to link to Shutterfly's holiday card designs so you can check them out for yourselves!  It's so easy and they look great!  Maybe you've already bought your Christmas cards, or you're one of those awesome scrapbookers who makes her own cards...well, guess what?  You can also create birthday cards and thank you cards on Shutterfly, as well as invitations, blank note cards, address labels, announcements...you name it, they've got it!

I typically give most of my Shutterfly purchases away, but here are a few photobooks that I made for myself...aren't they cute?
 So head on over to Shutterfly if you're having a hard time buying a gift for someone.  I guarantee you'll feel inspired to make something personal and creative!  I'm giving photobooks, photo tiles, and blank notecards to some special people this Christmas...what will you create?  Leave a comment and let me know...I love to be inspired!

1 comment:

Simple Daisy said...

Hi there!!
Love your blog header!!
so cute.
I have always wanted to try shutterfly but have never given it a try:)

 
Designed by Lena