Wednesday, September 06, 2006

11 Years??? Really???





I know it's been a while since I've posted, and I'm sorry for that! Things have just been crazy around here with school starting and us trying to get into a new routine. Barry and I have been tired in the evenings, so I've been hitting the hay before I usually do...therefore, no blogging. But today, dear readers, I am breaking THAT cycle!

Saturday marked our 11th anniversary...I truly cannot believe that we have been married that long! But then again, if I look at all the changes in us and the things we've accomplished since Sept. 2, 1995....then I guess I CAN believe it! So, anyway, we went to dinner at a little Mexican restaurant near where my mom lives. They had good food...and even better MARGARITAS! I had two, and my goodness, I could've easily had four (but then Barry would have had to carry me to the car!) Then we went to a little cookout to celebrate the upcoming marriage of our friends Shelly and Tony...and we had a lot of fun there. Lots of people we hadn't seen in a long time, and of course the alcohol flowed continuously. Let's just say I was really "happy"...

Then on Sunday evening, we headed up to Dad's for dinner and to spend the night. The kids had a ball, playing croquet (or their somewhat-twisted version of it) and taking rides on the 4-wheeler. It was Noah's first time, and he took a few minutes to warm up to it...but then he thought it was great! Of course, Kendall loved every minute of it, telling her Daddy that she "loved speed!"

On Monday afternoon, we left Spencerville and headed for our friends Beth and Chad's house. Kendall was missing their daughter Riley pretty badly, so she was chomping at the bit the entire weekend to get there. Beth and Chad built a new house this year, and let me tell you....it is gorgeous, and most importantly, not pretentious! Good job guys! Great design, good colors, and of course, really nice landscaping!

Although it is always nice to go back and see everyone, there is TRULY no place like home. We were anxious to get home and let our hair down, so to speak. And as for me personally...I couldn't wait to go to sleep in my own bed...AHHHHHHH.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena