Thursday, October 12, 2006

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

As most of you probably know, Barry and I were in Las Vegas last weekend. He had a conference to attend, and I was lucky enough to have parents and in-laws that were willing to watch the kids so I could go along! What fun! And many thanks to Mom & Joe and Gary & Luanne for helping us out...the kids had a great time, and we really appreciate it!

We headed out Friday afternoon and came back Monday (leaving early from Vegas and arriving late at home!) It was a relatively "short" weekend, but we still managed to have a good time. We got in two shows, a bit of gambling, plenty of food, and for me...some r&r by the pool and in bed! Oh, and PLENTY of walking! Every time I go to Vegas, I am still amazed by it. That place is truly a different world. No pictures this trip though...I just didn't feel like it. Isn't that weird? I usually ALWAYS have my camera on!

I also need to send a belated Happy Birthday out to our friend Missy, who turned 33 on Sunday. She was in Vegas too, so I'm sure she had a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! But Vegas is a big place, filled with LOTS of people, so we didn't run into them....BUMMER.

Noah and Kendall were excited to see us , but I'm not sure if it was because they missed us or if they were just excited to see what we brought them! Although, I will say that once Noah realized we were here, he ran to me and jumped up and climbed me like a little monkey....wrapping his legs and arms around my midsection. And then he WOULDN'T let go! It was very sweet...for about 10 minutes. Then, when he still wouldn't let me put him down...not even to go to the bathroom, it wasn't so cute anymore! But alas, he is better now. Although, on Tuesday, everytime I walked out of the room he was in, he would start yelling and running after me, like he was afraid I was leaving him. I really hope this isn't the start of some separation anxiety! He's already attached to my hip!

Nothing else too exciting to report. We're going to try to make it to the pumpkin patch this weekend, and I am getting new carpet in my office on Monday (which I am TOTALLY excited about!) And really nothing else, except of course, preparing for the big party on the 21st. Lots to do, lots to do! Oh, and I may even get to make a trip to Whole Foods this weekend too! Hallelujah!

Have a great day, ya'll!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena