Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fat & Happy

Turkey Day is over, we are finally home, and the Kucks are all feeling fat and happy! After 3 Thanksgiving dinners in 3 days, we were definitely ready to be home. AND ready to stop eating! Don't get me wrong here...the food was fabulous! And no repeats! We had venison at my dad's, ham at my in-laws, and turkey at my mom's. So I guess you could say we had a nice variety of meats this weekend! And hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen....I, Jennifer R. Kuck, was not really down with the desserts this weekend.

YES, I KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!

But alas, it is true. I did not have one single piece of pumpkin pie. I did, however, have some pumpkin pancakes for breakfast on Thursday...and pumpkin muffins for breakfast on Friday. Hmmmmm....I guess I like pumpkin, just not the pie! At least this year, anyway. In fact, I don't think I really ate as much as usual....but never fear! I'm sure between Barry, Kendall and Noah, someone made up for my lack of appetite.

So here is how the tour of Thanksgiving celebrations went:

We went to my dad's on Wednesday late in the afternoon and had dinner and spent the night. On Thursday, we had a lazy morning and then got cleaned up and headed to Gary & Luanne's for dinner. (I suppose I should mention here, before my brother or sister does, that I managed to get completely shitfaced drinking margaritas with Taffy before we headed to Gary and Luanne's...) We had dinner at Gary & Luanne's, let the kids play and stay up late, and then we headed to my mom's. We spent the night and then had dinner on Friday around 4:00. Stayed up late watching movies and then hit the Reindog Pancake Breakfast this morning so the kids could see Santa. And of course, the Chris Cakes are always a hit! For those of you who don't know, Chris Cakes caters pancake breakfasts...and they are fun because they flip your pancakes at you and you have to catch them on your plate...a total blast for the kids, as I'm sure you can imagine!

On with the tour.....So, we came home from the pancake breakfast and Jessie, Noah and I took a walk around the lake while Mom took the girls to the parade in town. Soon after, we took off for home...tired, stuffed to the gills, and ready to be home.

So here we are. And I must say, we had a beautiful day to come home to. We actually got home and didn't even bother unpacking. We said a silent "Thanks!" for the great weather, got into our old clothes and headed outside to work and play.

Tomorrow the plan is to plant some trees, go pick out our Christmas tree, and start decorating the house. How I love to be home!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope you are all full of turkey and done with your Christmas shopping....HAH!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena