Tuesday, October 06, 2009

My Husband ROCKS!!!

Reason #5,792 why my husband rocks:

I was in the kitchen cooking dinner...I don't remember what, but I'm sure it was something yummy. Barry called to say he was on his way home and that I would be VERY excited to see him. Hmmmm...really...more than any other day? But he assured me that yes, that was possible, especially since he was bringing me a surprise. A surprise?!?! Oh, how I LOVE surprises!!!

When he arrived, I was in the office, printing something off the computer. He was giddy...grabbing my hand and pulling me out of my chair. And then he handed my a piece of paper. I looked down to see what it was, and was surprised to see that it was Kohl's cash...and the amount on it was $80!!! "WHAT did you buy?!?" I asked, my eyes wide. If you are not familiar with Kohl's cash, it works like this: When Kohl's is offering the Kohl's cash, you earn $10 of Kohl's cash for every $50 that you spend. So do the math, peeps...he spent $400. Naturally, I was a little concerned what on earth he would go out and spend that kind of money on, just out of the blue!

Still grinning, he pulled me out to his truck, told me to close my eyes, and I stood there, waiting, while he dug around in his truck and found what he was looking for. "Open your eyes!", he said...and I did. There sat not one, but TWO Kitchenaid 5 qt Artisan Stand Mixers. One in Empire Red, and one in Metallic Chrome. Dumbfounded, I stood there, my mouth gaping. Finally, when I found my voice, I started giggling and doing a happy dance...and then I thought to ask the question..."Why two?"

Well, first off, he wasn't sure which color I would want. And secondly, he got such a good deal, that he figured he'd just buy two and I could sell one on Craig's List. So guess which one I kept and which one I'm selling. If you know me at all, this should be easy...but I'll give you a hint...
Isn't she pretty? I love her so so sooooo much!!!! I've been coveting the almighty Kitchenaid mixers for years, but wouldn't spend the money as long as my trusty old Sunbeam was still kickin'. And guess who else was totally excited????
That's right, my favorite little cooking buddy. He could not WAIT to get his hands on her! Since we got her, we've made a few things, and he will not let me turn her on and off. He figures that is HIS job.

But anyway, let me give you the breakdown of Barry's good deal. Ok, the mixer usually retails for $359.99. It was on sale for $299.00. They were running one of those deals where you scratch off a card and it has a certain percentage off, and he got 15% off. Then he also applied for a Kohl's card and got another 15% off. Now, Kitchenaid was also offering a $40 rebate per unit, so we'll be getting another $80 back, and we got $80 in Kohl's cash as well!!! Plus, my plan is to sell it for $250, so the overall total for my beautiful red mixer should be around $120. WAHOOO!!!!
Now I've just got to sell the chrome one... :)

3 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You'll love it for bread making. We've had one for 20 years.

terri said...

I've got the standard white version. It was a wedding or shower gift - twenty one years ago! I love it, and especially love that the Kitchen-Aid mixers have barely changed at all over the years.

Anonymous said...

I think you were cooking liver and onions if I remember right.

 
Designed by Lena