Friday, January 05, 2007

Give the Kid a Break!

My poor, poor, baby boy.

He's just had a rough month, as you can see from some of my previous entries. The bad cold, the stomach flu, the ear infection, separation anxiety, and the insomnia. And now, we can add something else.

How 'bout a severe reaction to the antibiotic? My little guy is covered, and I mean COVERED in red spots. He doesn't seem to be bothered by them, so I am assuming they don't itch...but he looks a wreck. Don't you agree?



I am hoping this latest episode will clear up without too much trouble and we can be on our way...and back to the world of regular sleep. The little guy is really having a time of it. He's been sleeping with (or should I say ON) me for the last couple of nights. And to say the least, we've not been getting much sleep - either one of us! But overall, he really seems fine. He has been playing like crazy and chasing the cat, just like any other day!

Enter Miss Kathy....

Miss Kathy has volunteered to watch the kids for us tonight so we can have a night out with some friends. AND, to raise the bar even more, she is keeping them overnight! I thought she was nuts at first...and of course my reaction was, "Are you SURE???"

To which she responded,"It's fine. It will be FINE. It's one night of my life...so what if he doesn't sleep? We'll be ok!"

Well, how can you argue with that? And who knows...maybe he'll surprise us and sleep like a baby for her. THAT would be awesome. I can tell you one thing for sure....

I'M GOING TO SLEEP LIKE A ROCK TONIGHT. I can hardly wait to get home. Can you believe that? I am not even thinking about the great dinner we are set to have, or all the fun people we are going with. All I can think about is getting home, putting on comfy pjs, and snuggling down deep in my bed for a solid night's sleep. AHHHHHH.......

THANK HEAVENS FOR MISS KATHY!!!!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena