Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year, Y'all!

So it is now officially 2007! Happy New Year to you!

We had a nice New Year's Eve. Nothing too exciting, of course. Sheri came out to join us for dinner and chit-chat. We got the kids to bed and just sat up talking...until 2:00 am. But hey, isn't that what New Year's Eve is all about? Getting together with friends and just doing what you like to do? So that is what we did. Good food, good conversation, fleece blankets and ice cream. Now that's a good New Year's Eve!

Also, I have a few other things to report....

Noah has an ear infection, yes. He also is having separation anxiety. And let me tell you....
THAT is a lethal combination. Although I think he is feeling better, he still wants me to hold him and carry him all day long...and the screaming that ensues when I try to sit the little bugger down so I can, say, GO TO THE BATHROOM? Well, it's not pretty. But we're working on it. If you have any tried and true ideas, I'd be happy to hear them!

Barry did get a deer this season....YIPPEE! It still needs to be skinned and cut up, but there it is, for all to see...hanging in our shed.

Noah is not scared of the spring horse anymore....NOT A BIT, as you can see in this picture! He and Kendall have been playing "Ride 'Em Cowboy" every day. That was definitely a great idea! And check out those matching jammies....red for Noah and purple for Kendall. A good gift from Dad and Taffy.

We got the house de-Christmased yesterday. Usually, this would not happen so quickly, but for some reason, this year I was just done with it all. I'm not exactly sure why, but I just WAS. Anyway, our tree had gotten so dry that Barry decided to cut all the branches off so they didn't drop all their needles going through the front door. The result was a very sad looking tree...but it did fit through the door!


I haven't yet finalized my New Year's Resolution. I'll let you know when I do. I've got some ideas though! And I'd love to hear YOUR resolutions!

Hope you had a wonderful New Years doing what you love to do with people you love! Bring on 2007!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena