Tuesday, February 03, 2009

It's that time again...

Well, it's that time of year again.

The time of year when my *usually* very sweet Barry starts following me around, asking me 4 times a day if my income statements are finished yet....if my mileage reports are finished yet...if my expense reports are finished yet. Basically, if I have my records finished so he can get our taxes done and filed. I HATE this time of year, because it makes me really bitchy. It makes me want to turn around and say...

"Yes, my love...I finished ALL of the records today. But I hope you're not hungry, because I didn't have time to get dinner made. Oh yeah, and I hope you have some clean underwear and socks for work, because I didn't get to the laundry either. What?!? The electric bill is overdue? The checking account is overdrawn?? That must be because I was sitting in front of the computer doing RECORDS all day! I'm sorry...who was that on the phone? The school? I forgot to pick Kendall up? Holy moly...I must have forgotten because I was so involved in my records!! Every single toy we own is in a pile on the great room floor? And Noah is nowhere to be found? How did that happen? Could be because I was so involved in my records, I'll bet."

Yes, I am being facetious and ridiculous. But honestly!! I get these things done every year in plenty of time. But I don't have an entire day to devote to it...nor do I want to do it that way. I like to do it in chunks. The income statements one day. The first half of the year's expense reports one day. The second half another day. 4 months of mileage reports one evening, 4 months the next, 4 months the next. You see how I operate, don't you? So after 14 years, why doesn't Barry see it, I ask you? If my personality were conducive to sitting at a desk all day, I'd still be working in corporate America!! Geesh!

All I'm saying is this..."Honey, I rarely drop the ball...and never on something so important. Back off and give me some space, ok? I'll get the damn things done...eventually."

Anyone else out there share my frustration? Or am I still just being bitchy??

Shit. That's what I THOUGHT you'd say... :)

8 comments:

Kate said...

yep - my hubby's the same way. I hear ya. He wants to tackle it all in one weekend morning and I'm like "whaa? let's take our time!"

But in the end I'm happy he stays on it b/c if it were up to me it would by April 15th and I'd be filing late - lol. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to those mundane tasks. Plus, I like having the refund nice and early, so it's better that he pushes me to sit down and get it done. Good luck - hope you're nearing the end!

And I hope you found Noah - lol

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I hate doing taxes for free or for a fee.

terri said...

He's a normal man. Mark is like that too, with anything he wants me to do. He doesn't know computers, so when he got tired of ours being so slow, he nagged me into looking at it, and hovered over me all day while I cleaned out files and transferred stuff off the hard drive.

Kiki said...

You could never be bitchy...Ken loves to hover and bug me about stuff...I say we blame them!!!

Jenelle said...

I'm bugging Andy, but our refund is needed ASAP. We've hopefully got school to pay for Andy.

KC said...

Humm....none of that here. I'm the one who does our taxes, with the help of my Mother who is a CPA. I'm the one who has to get my business expenses together, and mileage figured out, etc. So no one is bugging me about it. I just try to get it done before I get together with my Mom sometime in March. :)
I feel you pain though. Sometimes about other issues: "did you do 'this or that' today?" I feel like you do. I've been working, grocery shopping, cleaning, doing laundry, taking kids to and from school...just haven't gotten around to that yet..but I WILL eventually. (However, I'm a bit of a procrastinator if it's not work or something of dire importance...so that doesn't help matters! LOL!)

Alisa said...

cussing in this post! I like this side of you .. you go girl!

kenady said...

lol!! i hate tax season. you are not alone:) and i'm feeling bitchy just because:)

 
Designed by Lena