Monday, February 23, 2009

What a weekend!

This past weekend, I had very special visitors!! Teresa and Jenelle drove all the way from Michigan just to come and see me for the weekend! There was just no way this wasn't going to be fun! They came early enough on Friday night to have time to have some lasagna before heading up to Whole Foods. It's always fun to take someone who's never been to Whole Foods before...it can be so overwhelming and overstimulating! But we perservered! We shopped almost evey aisle! When the girls had had their fill, we headed straight to Graeters for some of that wonderful ice cream. I don't think the girls were disappointed! It's so good!

On Saturday we had a lazy morning, followed by impossible pie for breakfast...and then got ourselves prepared to go scrapbooking. It was definitely fun, but I didn't get too much done...I talk too much. I know, surprise, surprise, surprise!! After Cord Camera kicked us out, we headed down to meet up with Sheri at Jeni's for yet another wonderful serving of ice cream. And might I say that again, the girls were NOT dissapointed! I think Teresa is still dreaming about it, LOL!! If nothing else, I know my ice creams! :)

After we were all sufficiently satisfied, we headed back to my house, where Sheri and I made dinner. It was almost 9:00 pm by the time we sat down to eat, but that was ok. After all, we were still full of ice cream! Oh yeah, and don't think that just because we had ice cream before dinner that we skipped dessert. We definitely did not. We had Sheri's frozen lemon puff (featured on Party in the Pantry). It was divine! Here are the girls at dinner...
Also on Saturday, Barry and the kiddos took off to spend the night at my mom's. That was really nice, because I could just kick back and relax with the girls. Sheri ended up staying overnight too on Saturday, and we got Sunday up to make my famous blueberry sour cream pancakes. YUMMY!!!We had another lazy morning on Sunday, and then Teresa surprised me by asking if we could head back up to Dublin to go to Trader Joe's! Of course!!! So we did that, found some goodies, and then ventured over to Don Pablo's for lunch before they hit the road back to Michigan. When I got home from all that, Barry and the kiddos were home, just waiting for me to get here. What a weekend!

And Teresa...my dog misses you so much!!! He was totally in love with her, people! I really think he wanted to go home with her...

There was so much more I wanted to take the girls to see and do, but I guess you can only fit so much in a weekend, eh? Maybe next time!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

OMG...just looking at those pancakes are making me crave them RIGHT NOW!!!

Thanks again for your hospitality Kuckie. I really enjoyed relaxing with you and your furry animals in your beautiful cabin! The food was amazing...Sheri was a darling...your kids always so stinking cute!...your husband amazingly kind and you my friend are a HOOT!!

P.S.-Scout can come home with me ANYTIME!!! I SO LOVE that doggie!!

terri said...

It sounds like you all had a fabulous time together and ate VERY well. Love your pictures!

Teresa said...

...everytime I peek back at this post...I chuckle as there was not one meal you missed! You truely do LOVE food! You're too cute!!!

KC said...

Oh I'm so jealous! These pictures make me wish I was there too! :)

Jenelle said...

good times, good memories
I didn't know that I could be so relaxed. Considering how much we ate, slept, and laughed - I shouldn't be surprised.

Kiki said...

So jealous of your fun time in the cabin, all the yummy eating and amazing food shopping...since I don't scrapbook I would have spent the whole time chatting too!!!

So glad you girls had a good time, let's plan something for the beach...come on, please!!!

Kate said...

Sounds like a great time. If nothing else . . . you ladies ate very well :) It all looks and sounds delish!!!!

Jen said...

I can't imagine anything sounding funner than what you just described! Eating, shopping, scrapbooking, laughing, friends, dessert, sleeping, more eating. Ahhhhhhhh.......I get butterflies just THINKING about it all!
So glad you guys had such fun and remembered to take pictures too!!! yay!

 
Designed by Lena