Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Kindergarten Romance

Kendall has been talking alot lately about how she and this boy in her class, Christian, are in love... and you must say that last part with feeling, rolling your eyes up to the ceiling, and cooing. Lord.

Anyway, on Tuesdays I volunteer in Kendall's classroom reading with the kids. She and I part ways going into the building, as I have to go to the office to get my visitors badge and she has to go line up in the gym. Anyway, because of this parting, I end up in her classroom before she does.

So this Tuesday, I am up in her classroom chatting with her teacher when she comes bounding in with the rest of her class, pigtails flying, grinning from ear to ear. She runs up to me and says,

"Mama, look what Christian brought me today! He LOOOVES me!"

It was a carnation...or at least the top part. It had been popped off its stem. I said,

"Wow, Kendall! That was really nice!"

By now all the kids are excited and whispering...this was the talk of the classroom! So Cameron, a little boy who also likes Kendall, comes up to me and says,

"Mrs. Kuck, did you see what Christian gave Kendall? He says he's in love with her, but I'm in love with her!" Awww! Lucky little girl!

Anyway, Kendall's teacher comes over and asks me what is going on and I so I tell her. She laughed and said that this drama between who Kendall should choose has been going on for about 2 months and she figured now she should probably nip it in the bud, as more budding romances were starting to show up. So I watched her walk over to Christian and pull him over to talk to him. She asked him if he liked Kendall and he said yes. She asked him if he brought her a flower, and he smiled and said yes. She told him how sweet that was and told him he is such a nice boy. Then she explained to him that they are all just good friends and there shouldn't be any LOVE going on. When she finished up talking to him, she walked over to me, and could scarcely contain her giggles. I asked why she was laughing. Do you know what she said????

"He's wearing cologne..."

Heaven help me.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena