Saturday, April 28, 2007

A New Craft!




Last night Sheri and I went to my friend Kathy's house to learn a new craft...

BEADING.

Kathy is a bead freak. She sounds like one of those computer geeks when she's talkin' beads. You hear a whole lot of words coming out of her mouth, but you don't know what the heck she's talking about! That girl can bead anything... and does! So we headed over to her house to pick her up and then promptly went to Bed Bath & Beyond (home of the 20% off coupon) to pick out servingware. Once we made it out of there, we headed to Michaels for our beading essentials. I picked out some awesome beads that have the same colors as my dishes, so I was really excited about that. We could hardly wait to get started!

When we got to Kathy's, she told us that we wouldn't believe how easy it all was, but we didn't really believe her. Not at all, actually. But we each beaded a bottle opener and also each made 2 pairs of earrings. Check them out! I am so impressed with myself, I can hardly stand it!


We also picked up some servingware to bead as well, but Kathy didn't have enough wire for us to do it just then. No biggie. I can see that I will be having to find time to do this more often anyway, so I can do it later! Ooooooo, I can see some cool new projects in the works!

Don't you just love it when you learn how to do something new? Especially when you learn how to make something? I just get so geeked up! Crafting is so much fun!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena