Friday, May 11, 2007

And there's nothing wrong with that!

You know what?

I really like to be at home.

I like to hang my laundry on the line.
I like to lay in my hammock.
I like to water my flowers and garden.
I like to sit out by the fire with Barry, drinking a beer and talking.
I like to sit on my couch and watch Dr. Phil while doing puzzles with Noah.
I like to chase butterflies and fish with Kendall.
I even look forward to mowing!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the fish are jumping in the pond, the frogs are chortling. I love to be here.

Yesterday, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get moving. I dropped Kendall off at school and then I had 3 1/2 hours to get things done. Boy, did I have a plan. I had returns to make at 4 different stores, a market umbrella to buy at Sams Club, a menu to plan for the party this weekend...in short, plenty to do. But 2 1/2 hours into it, I was still making myself busy at home. I put laundry on the line, watered the garden, picked up the house, and cleaned the kitchen. I was just so content to be here. It's funny, because for most of my life I wanted to go, go, go. Anytime someone asked me to do something with them, my answer was, "SURE! I'll be right there!" I was always looking for something to do, anything to have fun. We were gone all the time!

And while I still want to be having fun (after all, what is life without fun?)...I now appreciate solitude and inner peace so much more. My home has become my haven, the place I long to be more than anywhere else. Although there is so much work to be done around here at any given moment, it is still where I want to be, and what I want to be doing. I've become a homebody, and there's nothing wrong with that!

My life is abundant and good.

THIS is where I belong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts. I feel the exact same way. Gloria Steinem would absolutely hate us! LOL!
Home as a haven? Wow. That's awesome. The only thing missing with my haven is a clothes line. I think I'll go out and by one. Thanks for a great, clean blog.

Sheila

Kuckie said...

Thanks for stopping by...and glad you also have a haven! Everyone needs one!

Anonymous said...

What does LOL mean? It's been driving me crazy. Why don't I get all these e-mail acronyms? Happy Mother's Day! Happy Birthday Noah! Don't get to cozy in your little haven - I need you to visit CA once in a while!!!! I love the beaded beer opener!
Amy

 
Designed by Lena