Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Madness!


Mother's Day was crazy this year! So much going on!

First of all, Kendall's wiggly tooth fell out this morning. Well, it didn't actually fall out...she let her daddy flick it out while we were having breakfast this morning. It was looking so funny anyway, since it was hanging to one side. She looked like she had already lost one the gap was so big! So she summoned up her courage and let Daddy take over...
















Check her out! I can't believe it's already time for her to lose teeth. While it IS exciting, I would be lying if I didn't say that it also makes me a bit sad...she is just growing up way too fast! One thing is for certain though. This girl is totally geeked up about the tooth fairy! She didn't even fuss about going to bed tonight, and made sure to wish for stickers instead of money. I'm sure the tooth fairy will comply! ;-)

Then of course, we had our Mother's Day/Noah's Birthday cookout today, and what a great day for a party!! The weather was awesome, we had a great turnout, and I really enjoyed my day. The kids fished, blew bubbles, took canoe rides, and just had a really great time. Noah slept through the first hour or so of the party...he desperately needed a nap before the festivities began. But once he was up, he was the life of the party! Can you believe my little man is two?

















The Cars cake was a huge hit with all the kids (and the 4 flavors of ice cream!), and Noah got all kinds of gifts that he was totally into.. The big hit was this little car with a dog on it that you shake and it makes car sounds and takes off. He played with that thing for at least an hour. Barry picked out a really good gift for him too...a rooster flashlight that crows when you push the "on" button! All in all, it was a good birthday celebration, and I think all the kids had a lot of fun!

And just as importantly, I think all of us Moms had a good day too...just relaxing, talking, and watching the kids play. I hope all you moms out there had a Mother's Day that was perfect for you, too! Isn't being a mom just the best?

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena