Monday, December 15, 2008

Another decoration, and a recipe for Kate...

Is anyone getting bored with my decoration thing? Because if you are, I can stop anytime...just let me know! My feelings won't be hurt...I promise!

Today's decoration is this cute little ornament we picked up a few years ago. Each of the kids has one. It's a tube for your letter to Santa. The kids write 'em out and stick 'em inside, and Santa reads them on Christmas Eve and leaves all their presents under the tree. Well, ok, Kendall writes hers out...we help Noah. He likes to cut out pictures and glue them to the list. Hey, it works!!!

Alrighty, Kate...I know you asked for this last week, but I'm just now getting around to it! Sorry!
Here it is...the most awesome chicken recipe...everyone requests this one when they come for dinner!! Sorry, no pictures - you'll just have to trust me on this one! No one in this house will wait for the pictures to be taken!

Lemon Cream Chicken

1/2 c. + 1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. butter
1 c. chicken broth
1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 c. whipping cream
lemon slices for garnish

In large, resealable bag, combine 1/2 c. flour, salt & pepper, and chicken. Shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter for 8-9 mins on each side until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.

Add broth to drippings. Bring to a boil over med-high heat, stir. Simmer uncovered for 10 mins. Stir in 3/4 c. cream, lemon juice, mushrooms. Cook over med-low heat for 5 mins. Combine remaining flour and cream and stir until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes until thick. Return chicken to skillet and heat through in the sauce. Serve chicken on a pretty platter and pour the sauce over the top, garnishing with lemon slices.

It's really good with a big green salad and some yummy fresh bread. Try it...you'll like it! I promise!!

In other news...Barry, the kids and I have been diligently working on some of the Christmas gifts we make. I'd love to share pictures, but some of the people receiving them read this blog, so I guess I'll have to wait until after Christmas to share. Just love keeping you all in suspense...LOL!! Have a great day, peeps!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Sooooo not getting tired of your decorations! I love seeing what everyone has! Your stuff is so unique! I love it!

I'll have to try that chicken recipe. I'm always looking for a way to cook our favorite meat!

terri said...

Definitely NOT tired of seeing your decorations and hearing the stories and memories behind them! Keep 'em coming!

Sheri said...

I'll vouch for the Lemon Chicken - Yums! One of my favorites!

Kiki said...

Oh, I am loving these posts...please don't stop!!!

I'll have to try the Lemon Chicken-sounds yummy!!!

Kate said...

Not at all, we love these posts!

And I am SO making that recipe. Tony will just have to pick out the mushrooms he doesn't like :) Of course ,we went to the store yesterday to get chicken. Get this - $7 for 1 & 1/2 lbs. Now they do say that you get another package free, but I hardly see the "free" in that. That's still over $2/lb. Plus it didn't look too fresh. SCREW that! I'll have to shop somewhere else for that so I can make this yummy recipe.

Kate said...

why I just rambled on over the local cost of chicken to you, I have no idea. sorry~

country mouse said...

Not tired of your ornaments! Although I must admit that my favorite Christmas related post was your wish list : )

Claire said...

Love the recipe and your decorations - keep meaning to ask you what is happening with Sentimentally Funny? Is she okay? I keep checking there.

Kuckie said...

Jen - You'll love the chicken, I'm sure of it!

Terri - I'll keep 'em comin'!

Sheri - I KNOW it's one of youf faves!

kik - ok,ok...I'll do some more!

Kate - I'm bitchin' about the price of chicken too...lucky for us, we have some outside!! Haha...just kidding. I don't want to do that again anytime soon.

Countrymouse - the wish list WAS fun, wasn't it?

claire - she's fine. Just uninspired. Don't worry, I'm sure the holidays will bring some wonderful posts from her!

 
Designed by Lena