Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back in Business!




Well, folks, I am back in business! Last week we had a storm and my laptop was plugged in....and well, we think it basically fried my modem. So, NO logging on for me for almost a week! Sorry to leave you hanging! But Barry saved me yesterday by buying me a new modem...so away we go!

Really though, in all honesty, we were on VACATION...and I didn't really feel like posting anyway. But now, it is back to real life and time to get back to keeping everyone updated! So, to that end, here is how we spent our week off:

We went home the weekend of the 12th to pick up a piano. Yes, everyone, a PIANO. No, none of us play...YET! Our dear friends Bill and Sue needed to get rid of their piano and had been asking us if we wanted it. Of course we did! So, we headed home to load it up...and what an experience THAT was! We are so thankful, as Kendall cannot wait to start piano lessons, and Noah thinks it is too cool as well.


The big thing was that we picked up our niece Kayla and took she and Kendall to Kings Island on Tuesday. We had promised Kendall that we would take her this summer, and time was running out! I'll tell you what...we had the perfect day! Tuesday is definitely the day to go! The park wasn't busy at all, the weather was perfect, and the kids were in a great mood! They were game for almost anything...except the roller coasters, of course! We did Nickelodeon Central, the waterpark, even White Water Rapids (boy, did we get SOAKED there!) I was too wet to even think about getting my camera out! We rode to the top of the Eiffel Tower. We rode the Scrambler AND the Octopus. (And I'll tell you another thing...my stomach is not what it used to be! UGH!) All in all, it was a really fun day. And wouldn't you know, those kids made it from the time the park opened until it closed....I couldn't believe it! Real troopers, we were!

The rest of the week was basically spent working. Barry built his retaining walls out back, we stained the front porch, and we picked up our "new-to-us" entertainment center. Kendall had a sleepover at Aunt Jessie's on Sunday night, so that gave Barry and I a chance to clean out our old entertainment center and get the great room organized and arranged with the new one. What a difference that made! Now, I just need some color on the walls and 2 new chairs to replace the white sofa....

Do I feel rested?
Do I feel like I've had a week's vacation?
Am I ready to go back to work?

No, not a bit. But all in all, we had a nice week. Couldn't have asked for better weather, really. And I was just pleased to have Barry around for a whole week. That was the icing on the cake...it was really just nice doing things together!

Enjoy the pics, and look for more later in the week!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena