Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fear Conquered!

Yes, that's right everyone! I did it! I rode that ferris wheel and made it off alive...just barely! No, seriously...I did OK, but I will admit that I thought I was going to be sick there for a few minutes. I had to have Barry hold Noah, because I thought I might not be able to hold onto him if I froze in fear. I never thought I was afraid of heights, but now I am thinking that maybe, just maybe...I am.

But hey, I confronted my fear and am a better person for it....right? (Yeah, whatever makes me sleep better at night!) And when all is said and done, I hope that I've made an impression on Kendall. I guess we'll have to see about that!

The fair was fun, but HOT! The kids and I picked Barry up from work and headed over to secure a close parking space. Kendall was already talking about which rides she was going to ride before we even got through the gate! Her favorite was definitely the Croc Coaster...just a teeny tiny little roller coaster, but just her speed. She rode it twice. She also bounced in the Bounce House, rode the helicopter ride, and we did the Big Slide (that's MY favorite!). She begged and begged to play one of the midway games. We finally relented and she picked one (thankfully) that guaranteed a prize everytime. She won a purple stuffed snake and named him SNAKEY. Of course. What else would she name him????

We checked out the different species of fish in the conservation building.

We ate corn dogs, gyros and ice cream from the Dairy Barn.

We saw the Butter Cow and the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile.

We watched a pig race.

We saw the decked-out Percherons go trotting into the arena. Man, those horses are HUGE!

All in all, it was a really good day at the fair. And really, is ANY day at the fair NOT a good day???

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena