Monday, August 28, 2006

A VERY Productive Weekend!



We had a very productive weekend, to say the least. On Friday, the kids and I went to visit my friend Heather in Centerville. Our kids play so well together! On this particular visit, they created a band of troubadors, and were soooo stinkin' cute!






While we were there, my dad and Taffy came down to help with some projects that Barry and I wanted to get done, but were having trouble getting started. First on the agenda was getting the log railings up on the front porch. It has been 2 years since we moved in, and it was time to finish up that front porch! We already had all of the lumber we needed to complete it, it was just a matter of getting the railings built, stained and attached. We knew it would dramatically change to look of the front of the house, so we were anxious to get it done. Barry and Dad got started on that right away.




The next project was the tile around my master bathtub. Up until this point it was surrounded by cement board, and let me tell you....it was NOT pretty. So the guys started on that little project Saturday late in the day and by Sunday evening had all of the tile laid and ready for grout. Of course, we won't be able to grout until at least Friday, so it isn't finished yet, but it already looks awesome! Check back next week to see the finished pictures!


Dad also tightened up my sagging clothesline, which made me happy as well! And all the while, Taffy watched and played with the kids and I worked and ran errands. We are ecstatic to have these few things done which will make such a big difference...and we are immeasurably thankful to have parents who are willing to lend a hand...

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena