Saturday, October 27, 2007

Southwest Taco Pie

Here's a little something I made for dinner this week! I used to make it a lot before we had kids, and to be honest, I'm not really sure why I stopped! It's super easy, and really good! Plus, a little less messy for the kids than regular tacos!

Behold! The Southwest Taco Pie...
It's a Pampered Chef recipe, so I'm sure you could find it if you wanted to...but since you're here already, I'll just go ahead and post it!

Crust:
1/4 c. + 1 tbsp cornmeal
3/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c milk
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Filling:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 c. chunky salsa
1 c shredded co-jack cheese
1 c. shredded lettuce (I use spinach)
1/2 c. chopped tomato
1/4 c. sliced black olives (optional!)
sour cream, for garnish

Preheat oven to 450. Lightly spray 9" stoneware pie plate with vegetable oil. Sprinkle 1 tbsp cornmeal evenly on bottom and sides on pie plate. Combine the remaining cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and oil, stir with fork until mixture forms a ball. Roll out to create crust, shape into pie plate.

For filling, brown ground beef, drain. Stir in salsa. Spoon beef mixture into pie crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown & cheese is melted. Top pie with lettuce, tomato and olives. Garnish with sour cream & additional salsa, if you'd like.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

none said...

Dang that sounds good!

country mouse said...

I'm hungry. And drooling . . . Must go cook : )

Stacy said...

That looks yummo

 
Designed by Lena