Monday, October 13, 2008

Help! My body's in Ohio, but my mind is in Canmore!

This week, I tried hard to keep myself busy so that my mind wouldn't wander to something I didn't want to think too much about. My two best friends were together without me!! Sheri made the trip up to Canmore, Alberta to visit our Third Musketeer, Sarah...and I just couldn't make it work this time around. The airfare was WAY out of my budget, and I have too many responsibilities around here right now. It's just not easy to get away. And let me tell you, I was bummed. BEYOND bummed. But, I am happy that Sheri got to go, and I'm happy for Sarah that Sheri got to come for visit. I KNOW they are having a fabulous time... eating and hiking and eating and talking and eating and taking wonderful pictures, and of course, eating!! I know this because they called me Saturday morning to tell me so! And as jealous as I was, I also was glad to be here at home, because...

1.) Hel-loooo...it's fall!! And we had a gorgeous weekend...sunny, blue skies, 80 degree weather, changing leaves...it was to die for! And guess what? It's COLD in Canmore, peeps!! I heard a rumor that those crazy gals hiked through 2 feet of snow this week! NO THANK YOU. Not ready for that just yet!

2.) We had friends come for an overnight visit, and it was way overdue! It was so nice to sit back and catch up on things while the kids played. Also, the campfire and s'mores made the evening that much better!

3.) Quality time spent with the munchkins and the hubby! I'm always thankful for that!

4.) All the projects we got caught up on, and the couple of hours we spent doing NOTHING but napping on the couch and watching a movie. That was really nice...and very rare!

5.) Having the Saltsman gals over for fishing and dinner...always a good time with those chickies!

6.) Barry having the day off today, Kendall's half-day at school, and another day with the family was really nice!

7.) Knowing that my two bestest friends in the whole wide world were thinking of me and missing me as much as I was missing them...

P.S. Sheri gets back tomorrow night...make sure to check in on Sentimentally Funny this week for some of the AMAZING photos I'm sure she will be posting!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught up on your blog reading...loved the pics. You are quite the photographer now. They were so cute of the kids, and I loved the one with "man's best friend." The colors are beautiful...you gotta love fall! I remember, too, how much I looked forward to your mom's yearly visit to Michigan; therefore, I feel your pain of staying home even though you had a good time with the family and friends. Love your writings and pics...you go, girl! Sue

Jen said...

Hey You! My e-mail address is jennimatt10@hotmail.com
Thanks (in advance) for the recipes!! I REALLY appreciate it!

Teresa said...

Sorry you couldn't join your friends!! I know that must be hard...but it sounds like you are filling your time with fun things anyway. :)

terri said...

Way to look on the bright side! Sounds like you have had a great few days there.

Sheri said...

Canmore was NOT the same without you! But we DID think of you often -especially when we were out to dinner! NYC, here we come!

 
Designed by Lena