Monday, April 28, 2008

Overheard


Noah and I were riding along in the car on our way to pick up Kendall from school. He asked for music...and by music, he means KID MUSIC. The kid music that just happened to be in the CD player was a CD from Kendall's vacation bible school last summer. So I turn it on, and drive...my mind drifting, thinking about the things I want to get done this week and Barry's upcoming birthday tomorrow. When my mind tunes back in, I hear Noah, singing his version to a song that has a line that goes like this...

"Jesus, Prince of Peace...Glory, Allelujia! Jesus, Prince of Peace...Glory, Allelujia!"

But, this is what HE was singing...

"Jesus... Pretzel Thief, Glory Allelujia! Jesus... Pretzel Thief, Glory, Allelujia!"

And I had to laugh!!! I laughed on and off the rest of the way home. Clearly, he had pretzels on his mind. Why, I don't know. I don't know where he would have gotten the idea that Jesus was a pretzel thief! Where do kids come up with these things???

11 comments:

Evil Transport Lady said...

That is so sweet! I love little kids:)

kenady said...

That is hilarious!!!

B has a blood blister on his big toe and doesn't quite understand what it is. He wants me to take it off, but I told him it would hurt. He then replied, "Maybe we can go outside and if it's windy enough it will blow off." LOL!! Kids are priceless!

Anonymous said...

It makes perfect sense to me! After all, as a child, I sang Silent Night.... "sleep in heaven, eat peas...."

KC said...

That is hilarious!!!! I laughed out load when reading this, and Seth said "what Mom? what is it?" so I had to read it to him to..he didn't get it...it made perfect sense to him! haha I love it! Kids are so adorable...I think God uses them to remind us to laugh from time to time. :)

Logzie said...

Precious!! I just LOVE those things that kids say!! That Noah...he's always got food on his mind doesn't he? LOL!

Jenelle said...

I love kids interpretations. Ryan thinks that Lightning McQueen from the movie CARS is really Lightning The Queen. No matter how many times we try to explain...

Kate said...

so THAT'S who stole my pretzels! thanks Jesus.

country mouse said...

too precious!

Chachi said...

"Out of the mouth of babes" That is just too cute. I love when kids do such innocent and natural things.

Kuckie said...

Evil - They are so funny, aren't they?

Kenady - Well I certainly think B is right on track thinking it would just be easiest if the darn blood blister would blow off! HA!

Terri - I bet you still make up your own words... ;0)

KC - I know...of course it wouldn't seem silly to your son! It makes perfect sense!

Logzie - yes, he does. I don't know where he gets it (wink, wink)

Jenelle - Lightning the Queen, eh? That's GOOOOOD!

Kate - You've got to keep an eye on those pretzels, girl!

countrymouse & Chachi - True that, girls! These kids are too darn funny!

California Girl said...

ok - he sounds like I do when I've got no clue on the words! I love listening to kids and what magic comes out of their mouths!

 
Designed by Lena