Friday, April 11, 2008

My big find

So I've been surfing Craig's List nightly looking for a dresser for Noah's room. I was so excited to find this..

Obviously, it never made it to Noah's room! It was sitting down here in the great room (and quite in the way, I might add) and we didn't want to take it up to his new room until we moved the current furniture downstairs and then put his new bed together. So, I slid it over to this little alcove on the wall there...and I LOVED how it looks! Plus, it gives me some much-needed storage space and a nice little phone/message station! And the best part??? I got it for $135! Are you kidding me? I can't even get a cheapie-Sauder-particleboard dresser at the evil Walmart for that...and this one is solid oak! I may change the knobs yet, and it needs a bit of TLC...but I LOVE IT!!!! Don't you love the little skeleton keyholes? I can't wait to find a key for it!

Now, about that dresser for Noah's room....

4 comments:

Kate said...

i love unique vintage pieces like that! great find Kucks!

Jenelle said...

Love the piece and love craig's list. I agree on the knobs. Enjoy the spoils of victory and happy hunting for dresser #2.

Logzie said...

I love Craig's List!! That dresser looks awesome in that spot too. I bought an antique dresser for my girl's room off Craig's list for only $40...it still has the original crystal knobs. I am excited to get it re-done.

Good find!!

KC said...

Your crack me up! That sounds exactly like something I would do! haha
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!! Talk about a GREAT find! I love bargain hunting. :)

 
Designed by Lena