Thursday, April 03, 2008

Nothing new...

Nothing new and exciting to post today...sorry! Barry is home this morning because the Soil and Water people are here to do an assessment on our land. We are looking to put some of it into a government program that will earn us money to plant trees and create wildlife habitats. So, anyway, I am getting this wonderful moment to sit down and blog because Barry has taken Noah with him to walk the property. I actually have been able to take Kendall to school, make all the beds, pick up the toys from early this morning, start some laundry, and now I am headed off to the shower, because I have to work today...and a busy day it is, too! The last month and a half have been incredibly busy for me, and that is always something I am thankful for. Because of the nature of my business, I have to ride the wave of getting paid/not getting paid...and I am always, ALWAYS happy when I am so busy that I fall into bed at night, exhausted. And our bank account is happy too!!

I am thinking of taking two days off the week before Mother's Day, just to do Spring Cleaning and some weeding out and organizing. Kendall will still be in school, of course, and Noah will be at childcare those 2 days...so I should be able to light a fire under my ass and get moving! Plus, I will have motivation, since we always host a Mother's Day/Noah's Birthday cookout on that weekend. I'll definitely have plenty to do!

Still no pictures of my home improvement projects. Sorry! I am waiting on a delivery...and then it should come quickly. I know this is killing Logzie!!! But I promise, I am not making it all up. There are some big changes going on around here...and it is lookin' good!

One more thing...what IS it about little boys and their wee-wees??? Noah is really into talking about his penis lately. And not just "talking" about it...more like proclaiming every feeling he is having. And the grabbing, touching, pulling....I mean SERIOUSLY. That thing must be the center of being for all little boys. The other day he actually came into the bathroom while I was in there (mothers are not afforded privacy), and asked me about my penis. Then he pointed at me and said, "Wait! Dat's not a penis!! Dat's pwivates!!" Then he ran out of the bathroom screaming "Mama's goin' potty wif pwivates!! Dat's not a penis!!" Lord save me. Little boys and their twigs 'n berries...it's a loving relationship, isn't it? Ummm...Wait a minute! I don't think it ever ends...this is something I've seen in adult men too!!!

Holy crackamoly. I am soooo NOT prepared for this.

7 comments:

KC said...

Life with "boys" is never dull is it! haha That is hilarious!

My two little boys call it their "pee". My youngest came in the bathroom the other day and said "Mommy, why you pee out of your bottom? We only sit to poo-poo...do you have diarrhea?..I pee out my bottom when I have diarrhea". Hahahaa...I about died laughing! I just went along with it, it was easier than trying to explain all of this to a 4 yr old! haha :)

Sky Girl said...

I think Noah and my son Ben are about the same age, and Ben talks about his "pee-nee" all the time, too. The other day he informed me "it's not pee-NEE, it's pee-NIS." Well alright, then. I'm sure my 5-year-old helped him with that one.

Kate said...

lol -that's hysterical! and they just get more "impressed" with it as time goes by

Anonymous said...

He's comfortable in his masculinity. That's a good sign!

Stacy said...

Yeah I don't think it gets any better. Most men are the same way. They just get more proud of it as time goes on. And the names for it changes by then to. When aidan starts asking questions about his... I am pointing at Wes and say I don't know ask him.

Logzie said...

Okay, I was laughing out loud on this one...Chuck actually asked me what was so funny. Ha!

Boys and their twigs and berries...LOL!!!

YES, it is killing me but I am trying my best to be patient...I am sure it's going to look fantastic. I love your taste!

Jenelle said...

Oh girl - welcome to the beginning stages. It only gets better. Ryan was always aware and talking about himself. So we taught him about his penis. He went to the urologist to deal with some issues and intently talked to the doc about needing him to fix it. I thought I was embarassed then... The next week at church he went around telling everyone he had an "owie on his penis." Yup.

Sticks and berries - I'll have to remember that one.

 
Designed by Lena