Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A Perfect Day

I had a perfect birthday, yes I did. We woke up to a sunny, clear blue sky and warm weather. It could not have been more perfect!

We made a big breakfast of eggs, fruit and toast and took Kendall to school. When Noah and I got home, we played with his matchbox cars for a while and then Deetra called to say she was coming over to bring me a little gift! She got me a pretty pair of earrings...in fact, I think I will wear them today! Then Noah and I lazed around a bit more before getting showered and cleaned up. I put in a movie for him and indulged myself with a long, hot shower...and I even shaved my legs AND lubed up my whole bod with my new lotion! Yeah, I went a little crazy!

After we picked Kendall up from school, we came home and played outside...that is, until Kendall saw the neighbor kids behind us out on their trampoline...it took her all of 25 seconds to ask if she could go over and play. I had to stay here, since Noah was napping. Ah, silence. I sat here on the deck, blogging and enjoying the sun!

Then Barry came home earlier than I expected and get this...he MADE ME A BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!! And not some box mix either! He and Sheri got together earlier this week and made me a 4-layer chocolate cake with decadent homemade chocolate frosting! OMG, was I impressed!!!! Then they froze it until today...Genius! And was it ever good....

We took the kiddos outside and flew kites...it was an absolutely perfect day for it! Kendall had hers up within seconds and she let it out all the way...it was soooo high! Noah caught on to the idea quickly enough, but he began to think it was funny to stand there holding it for a few minutes and then when the wind got good and strong, he'd let it go and laugh as Barry or I ran after it. STINKER.

After we reeled in the kites, the kids took off doing other random playing, and I stared staining some T&G that will be used in some of my "top secret home improvement projects". Barry pulled up a tree that has been struggling for a few years and planted a new one. Kendall hunted for ant colonies and Noah drove the jeep around, running over everything he could. Then we rustled them all inside for bath time so we could have our little birthday celebration...check out the pics, peeps!




It really couldn't have been better! And thanks to all of you for the Happy Birthday wishes! Hope you enjoyed my 80's hair!! LOL!

7 comments:

California Girl said...

Ok, now this sounds like a fantastic way to spend your b-day! The pics are great and yes, I did like your 80's hair!

Stacy said...

I loved the 80s hair.

The hubs got like triple points for that one.

Kate said...

that cake looks so yummy! I completely pass up b-day cake if it's not chocolate. Won't even waste my time - ha!

Jenelle said...

The cake has to be one of the best things I've ever heard of. Not sure my hubby could even find cake pans or follow box directions...

Logzie said...

Sounds like a perfect day!! And that cake...WOW!!...that's awesome! Way to go Barry!!!!!!

Kiki said...

Happy Birthday Kuckie, I am so glad that you enjoyed your day, your family took such great care of you and that cake made my mouth water!!!

May the year ahead be filled with all the love and adventure your heart can hold.

KC said...

What a PERFECT day! That sounds wonderful!

What a hubby! I'm so impressed that he made you a "from scratch" birthday cake. Wowsers!

 
Designed by Lena