Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pics from Scottsdale

Ok, ok, upon further inspection of my pictures, I must admit that they aren't very exciting. See, for the most part, I was by myself! Barry was at his conference and doing networking in the evenings, so I hung out at the pool, read books, went for walks, took naps, etc. All of these things do not make for exciting pictures! But, here are a few anyway...

Handsome hubby, taking full advantage of the Wi-Fi at the airport, since our flight was delayed almost 2 hours...
Once we got to Phoenix, we hopped aboard the SuperShuttle to get to our resort. We did not realize, however, that they were dropping people off at residences all over Phoenix...it took us almost an hour to get to our resort! Ah, but it was worth the wait...

This bed was soooo comfy! The pillows and blanket and robes were made of "kashwear"...and were so soft and cozy! In fact, I even got a pair of complimentary "kashwear" socks!Wow, what a lobby! It had two levels, a fountain, a sushi bar, and right outside on the big patio...big fire pits with cushioned chairs...it was heavenly!! Just one part of the awesome pool area! I cannot even begin to describe it...it was A-mazing!! (right, Logzie?) It had numerous pools, a waterslide, a lazy river, a fountain park, and a pretty river running through it all...unbelievable!
So that is the end of my boring picture show. Sorry, I'm not really feeling like sharing the photos of me sitting in the sun in my bikini. Let's just say my bod's not really beach-ready yet! LOL! But let me also say that if you ever get a chance to go to Scottsdale and stay at the JW Marriot Desert Ridge resort, DO IT!!!! You will not be disappointed! Although I was a teensy bit disappointed that I didn't see any scorpions or rattlesnakes...not that I wanted to see them up close or anything...Heavens NO!!!!! But, it would have been cool to tell Kendall that I saw one (and ran off screaming into the desert, never to be seen or heard from again...). Oh well. I guess we can always go to the zoo!!! HA!

8 comments:

Jenelle said...

Me and and my very white Swedish Michigan skin are very jealous that you got sun. Looks like luxury - both the Marriott and the time away.

KC said...

Oh, that pool looks heavenly! I bet you had a great time!

Let me just say, scorpions and rattlers are no fun. Our very first house was infested with Scorpions and we had to check our bed every night before crawling in it...and my hubby was stung on the hand once, because one was in our dishrag when he started washing dishes. Yikes! Oh, and we also had a copper-head snake behind our water heater. Not a fun place to live! haha But we were poor and in college...that was all we could afford! ha-ha. at least we survived! :)

Logzie said...

Those were not boring pictures AT ALL! That resort looks absolutely A-mazing! :0) LOL!

KC-OH MY GOSH GIRL!!!!!!!

Bridgett Hayes said...

I enjoyed the photos, the pool is my favorite! Time away is always good.

Chachi said...

Glad you had an awesome trip. Sounds fabulous.

Your post about the dresser you bought on Craig's list, I love it! I hope you can find a key, that would be cool. I love antiques and old houses.

none said...

looks like my kind of place!

California Girl said...

OMG! I think that was where I went a few years ago! It was so incredibly wonderful! I'm so glad you had this place to relax while your hubby was away. And no, these are NOT boring pics!

Claire said...

I love that hotel!!! - at one point my husband's company was going to transfer us to Scottsdale and the co. flew me out to look at homes - my husband was staying in a company apt. - in the morning he told me to check my shoes for scorpions before putting them on - it gave me a real pause about living someplace that I had to check for scorpions - "Palmetto bugs" are bad enuf!!!!

 
Designed by Lena