Monday, July 03, 2006

You're Kidding....RIGHT?

Last night when we got home from my Mom's, Barry and I sat down to go through the mail and the paper. I was flipping through the many ads, and picked up this little circular called Hometown Values (it's kind of like a Dollar Saver). As I was flipping through, I saw an ad that had a headline reading "Our Featured Recipe". So I, being the perpetual new-recipe-seeker, decided to take a look...and that's when I couldn't believe what I was reading!

The "Featured Recipe" was...
(are you ready for this? I can barely even type it without rolling my eyes)

DEEP FRIED OREOS!

YUCK! And let me just share the "recipe" with you here...

1 (20 oz) package Oreos (YES, because we need ALL 52 cookies!)
2 cups Bisquick
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tsp oil
Vegetable Oil (enough to deep-fry in)

And here's the kicker...in small print at the bottom of the ad, it says...

"If you want to try a lighter version, use lowfat milk, canola oil, and reduced fat Oreos."

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????????

A lighter version of ANYTHING does NOT include the word DEEP FRY in it! Or OREO, for that matter!

Geeze Louise...and we wonder why 73% of America is fat! Let's just see how bad we can possibly make an already completely unhealthy food. What could we do? Hmmmm....yeah, that's it! We could DEEP FRY it!

Great. Wonderful. Peachy.

People just amaze me sometimes. I am left scratching my head....

What on earth will they deep-fry next????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds soooo good. You're making me crave fair food...
Aim

Kuckie said...

Gross, Amy! I can't believe that you think that sounds good!

 
Designed by Lena