Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Rainy Wednesday

Well, it stormed all night last night, and most of the day today. Some people might have been discouraged by the weather, but not me...and certainly not Noah! It was my day off, and I could not have been happier to stay holed up in my little abode with the boy! Oh, what to do...what to do???

After much deliberation, we decided on Kid'nex first. Noah spent about an hour building before he came and rescued me from my office paperwork by requesting that I build him a "whopper-bopper". Now, I have NO IDEA what a "whopper-bopper" is, but Noah insisted that I build one. So I just kept putting the pieces together and asking him if it was right...of course, he was nodding excitedly like a little blond bobble-head the whole time saying, "Yes, yes! Dat's IT, Mama!!" The "whopper-bopper" is the blue thing on the left in this picture...When we were done using our imaginations to build little inventions that we probably will NOT be making millions of dollars off of (Lord knows I don't know what the "whopper-bopper" does...), we decided on a game of Cootie. Remember this gem of a game? Build cute little bugs?? Well, let's just say it SOUNDS simple, but I lost to a 3 year old, and didn't even cheat! Here's Noah's winning Cootie...
And yes, he insisted on wearing his camo hat all day even though we were inside. Don't know why, but hey...who cares? He was happy! After all that, I decided I needed to get some work done, so we started some laundry. Can I just tell you that Noah loves doing laundry??? What did I do to deserve this kid??? He helps me gather it up, carry it downstairs, he pulls up a chair to the washer and turns it on to fill it up (with my help, of course) and then pours in the detergent (again, with my assistance). I am not allowed to help him put the laundry in, however. He wants to do that all by himself! Then he sits on the dryer and watches until the tub is full and it starts to wash. He'll watch for a few minutes, then shuts the lid, gets down, and goes to play until it's time to put another load in. Funny little guy, eh? So anyway, we made all the beds, stripped mine so we could wash the sheets, and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. After all this, we decided it was high-time for a little snack! And being that it was a dreary day and we had NO PLANS whatsoever, we decided to make chocolate chip cookies...OMG, they turned out so good. And yes, my dear Kate...of course I used Ghiradelli chocolate chips! I ate 3 and then stopped myself before I was sorry!
And yes, in case you were wondering, Noah had his hands all in this project too. He had to pour all the ingredients in after I measured them, and he was the only one "allowed" to run the mixer. He kept saying "Don't touch it, Mama! I do it!" Well, excuuuuuuse Me!!!!

I did take two little snippets of video during the cookie making, just because I think his little voice is so cute... you just have to hear it. Now I just need to figure out how to put that video on here...I've never done it before and have no idea how. But it can't be that hard!

Ok, time to go pick up Kendall-bug from school! See ya!

4 comments:

Jenelle said...

Sounds like a great rainy day at home. When Noah is done with your laundry - you can send him over. I've got plenty to keep him busy!

Glad to hear the Noah is still inspired to bake. Do you make your cookies "healthy" or make the good old fashioned sinful kind?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day for rain. Sometimes I don't mind a rainy day because it forces me to stay inside and get things done.

Kuckie said...

Jenelle - Maybe I should start hiring him out...is there some law against that? Oh yeah, child labor laws...
My cookies are pretty sinful. I usually substitute oat flour for the white and coconut oil for the butter, but not today!!!

Terri - I love a good rainy day now and then too!!!

Stacy said...

man I hope aidan likes to do laundry

 
Designed by Lena