Sunday, September 02, 2007

12 years...DID YOU SAY 12 YEARS????

Yep, I did. 12 years. That's how long we've been married. 12 years to the day!

Since we just got back from vacation and had so much work to do around here, we made no big plans. My dad and Taffy are here to help with the deck, so no....no plans. But that's ok! Really, it is. We don't go all out for anniversaries (at least MOST years)...opting instead to just spend some real time together and enjoying each other's company. So we cooked out last night and sat around playing with the kids and talking. It was really nice.

But, I WAS surprised to find these, picked out just for me...
That's right, one rose for every year of wedded bliss! Awwww, how sweet! I don't get flowers very often, so this was really fun for me...and I really love them! Although Kendall is waiting to get her hot little hands on them, as she has been coveting them since Barry gave them to me. I told her she could have one in a couple of days...and she is already trying to pick which one she wants! Barry said if he'd have been thinking, he'd have gotten her one all her own! Oh well, live and learn...

I seriously can't believe we've been married this long. It doesn't feel like it! But I guess when you look at everything we've accomplished in that amount of time, it HAS to be 12 years!

  1. We've finished school.
  2. We've each had a few different jobs...but have ended up happy with what we have now.
  3. I started and still own my own business.
  4. We've built a house, finished that house, sold that house.
  5. We've built this house, and are STILL finishing this house. (But we will NOT be selling this house!)
  6. We've had two awesome children, two cats, a dog, and 12 chickens.
  7. We've gone on countless trips...to Mexico (twice), Jamaica, Grand Cayman, South Carolina (many times), California (3 times), Las Vegas (twice), Florida (twice), South Padre Island, and Canada, just to name a few...
  8. We've owned 7 vehicles...and still own 3 of them! Technically 4, if you count Barry's high-school ride, the Chevelle Laguna (which is still sitting in his Dad's barn awaiting the day Barry can spend the money to get her fixed back up).
  9. We've taken thousands of pictures, made thousands of purchases, and shared thousands of ideas...
I still think we are the perfect team! Love you bunches, honey!

Looking forward to the next 12...it just gets better and better!

12 comments:

California Girl said...

Way to go on the 12 years! Congratulations. In my business - catering - I consistantly see weddings and divorces within months, literally. How wonderful that you're still together, growing and learning.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Congratulations! You've passed the toughest part in my opinion.

Gigi and I have been at it for almost 28 years. I can't imagine like without her.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Ah, that was life without her. Damn spill cheek.

Logzie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! You guys sound like such a GREAT couple! Here's to MANY MANY more great years ahead of you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Happy Anniversary!

Kuckie said...

California girl - Welcome! And thanks!

Reggie - you crack me up! Love it when spell fails! And good for you and Gigi...28 years..that's really something!

Logzie - AMEN!

Terri - Thanks!

Stacy said...

happy anniversary

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I don't understand how he has done it!

Kuckie said...

Yeah, Rick...no one does, I assure you!

Deech said...

Congrats! You are an inspiration!

country mouse said...

awwww--congrats! Sounds like a solid beginning to one of those 60 year long unions : )

Kate said...

congrat! - you're an inspiriation to a newlywed like me. I wish you and the hubby many many more happy and healthy years!

I'm sure K has gotten her hands on the flowers by now

 
Designed by Lena