Sunday, March 30, 2008

For Kate

Here you go, Kate! Hope you like them! But just a little FYI for ya...these are in NO WAY healthy, but they are still incredibly yummy! Besides, everything in moderation, right? ;0)

Grandma Cindy's Stuffed Peppers

4 med. green bell peppers
1/2 lb. bulk sausage
1 pkg chicken flavored Stovetop stuffing
1 3/4 c. water
8 oz. whole corn
1 c. shredded cheddar

Halve peppers, and parboil for 5 minutes. Drain, and place in shallow dish in 1/8" water. Brown sausage, and add vegetable seasonings packet from stuffing mix with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 minutes. Add crumbs and corn and stir until moist. (Note: when I made this yesterday, I noticed that Stovetop no longer separates the seasoning packet from the actual stuffing, so I just added it all together in this last step...it turned out just as good!) Spoon mixture into peppers. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kate said...

thanks - I think I have most of the ingredients already- yeah :)

California Girl said...

YUM! Something new for me to try - thanks!

 
Designed by Lena