Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth!

So we went to the circus Saturday night...and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! The kids had no idea what to expect, and to be honest...neither did we! It has been so long since Barry or I have been to the circus. But it really was fun! Kendall loved every bit of it. She sat on the edge of her seat, laughing hysterically or staring, mouth wide open and eyes as big as dinner plates. Noah's favorites were the clowns' little car and this big double wheel that hung from the top of the arena that spun while the clowns climbed all over it. He was completely bored with the acrobatics. Barry and I just thought it was lots of fun! Here are a few pics:

Me and my two monkeysKendall took this picture...not too bad, eh?
The clowns were very silly, and the kids thought that was great!
Acrobatics galore!

Noah and his $7.00 box of popcorn. He ate over half of it and then asked to go to the water fountain every 10 minutes for the second half of the show...
If you get the chance, get to the Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey Circus, peeps! You will not be disappointed!

7 comments:

Kiki said...

I am freaked out by clowns or anything in costume, my niece takes after me, she is completely freaked by mascots....what weirdos we are!!!

So glad you and the fam had fun, what great pics, Miss kenadll is a little photographer because that is a great pic of you and the hubby!!!

kenady said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all! I haven't been to the circus since I was 17 and that was the first time I had ever been. We will definitely look into going if the circus is near us.

Chachi said...

That's awesome you had such a good time at the circus.

I was 5 or 6 the last time I went and I will never forget it. I was so cool.

KC said...

How Fun!!!! We took the boys to the circus last year, but it was a small one...they had a blast though.

Jenelle said...

Your $7 popcorn didn't get you suckered in to buying the $9 drink? Looks like a great time. Last circus I went to was in college (won free tickets) and it was more of a traveling freak show. I'm still scarred by the thought of a pudgy pre-teen girl in a skimpy circus costume swung around by her hair to do acrobatics. Should have known when one of their key acts involved a hippo instead of an elephant.

I wish they had a peanut free circus. One of those experiences that I hate for my son to miss because of his allergy.

Great picture from Kendall. She's got a future in photography...

Logzie said...

That is a great picture of you guys! Go Kendall!

That box of popcorn looks like it's 1/2 of Noah's size!! LOL!!

I can't wait to go again!

Kuckie said...

Kiki- You're not a weirdo...we all have our little quirks!

Kenady- It really was fun...and you should definitely go if you get the chance. The kids would love it!

Chachi- It was definitely COOL!

KC- Isn't it true that kids are amused by even the littlest things?

Jenelle - No, we didn't get suckered. We don't drink pop, so the kids don't even think to ask. He immediately asked for water. Plus, you know how much fun the water fountain is, right??? ;0)
I didn't see any peanuts...never even thought of that!

Logzie- It was! I couldn't believe how much he ate! But hey, it kept him in his seat for the entire first half! HA!

 
Designed by Lena