Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Little of This & That

Here's a quick Noah story for ya...

Earlier this week, I was changing Noah's clothes, and per our usual routine, when I change his clothes, he sits on the potty. So we headed into the bathroom where he plopped himself right down on his potty chair and began chatting about things like bulldozers and firetrucks and trains. I walked into his bedroom to get a fresh pull-up and within a few minutes I hear him yelling, "I poopin'! I poopin' Mama!!" And indeed he had...very exciting! So, we emptied the potty chair, flushed the toilet, and got him cleaned up. Now, by this time, I had to go the bathroom...and since we were already in there, I just told him to hang on a sec and let me go potty. Of course, he was fine with that, because he was still dancing around and singing about pooping on the potty...he's so funny! So I sat down and he walked over to me and asked if I would pick him up. I told him no, I was going potty and could he please be patient. So then he looks me straight in the eye and says,

"Mama, can I see your penis?"

"Ummm, no buddy...I don't have a penis."

(blank stare...like, "Whaaaaaat???")


"Boys have penises. Not girls. I am a girl, so I d
on't have a penis."

(A bit of understanding comes into his face, but he is still not convinced. I see his eyes drop to where he thinks my penis should be...) "Dat's not a penis???"

"No."

"Well I HAVE A PENIS!!!!!"

"Yes, you do."

"I WUV MY PENIS!!!"

Yes, apparently! How many times will we have this conversation???


***********************************************************

Today is the big community garage sale at the lake community behind us. I am sorry to report that in the wake of preparing for Noah's big party, I was too tired and unmotivated to get my stuff together. But no worries!!! Miss Kathy is having a multi-family garage sale in July and told me I could bring my stuff over then...and my friend Amy may do a yard sale this summer too! (and she tells me she really knows how to do a yard sale!! I could use the help since I've never done it before!) Maybe we'll just head over to the lake to walk around and see what's up...the weather actually looks nice today!

*********************************************************

I can't believe school is almost out. Kendall has really enjoyed her first grade year, and her teacher is awesome...we will miss her! But, Kendall has started the countdown for the last day of school, so I think she is ready for a break. I can't believe she is almost a second grader!

*********************************************************

Noah got this train table for his birthday. He and Kendall have been having so much fun imagining and playing...and playing SO NICELY together!!! I love that!! **************************************************************

Time to get another item listed on Craig's List. I've been loving getting all that stuff sold! It's kind of fun! What next? I'm thinking my Medela Pump in Style breast pump or the super-nice exersaucer... Yeah, I have this "thing" where I can only let myself list one thing at a time. I just think I'll have better luck that way, and so far it's working!!! Although, it could take me all year to sell all my stuff at that rate! LOL!

*************************************************************

We're going to the circus tonight! I haven't been to the circus since I was like, 8. But the Ringling Bros. Barnum Bailey circus is in town, and we scored half-price tickets (THANKS MOM!), so we are going tonight! The kiddos are super-excited, and to tell the truth, so am I! Should get some good pics from that....

************************************************************

I think that's about it for now....hope you all have a great weekend!!





5 comments:

Logzie said...

Oh my gosh!!...that Noah just cracks me UP!!! LOL!!!

I have a TON of crap to list on Craig's List too...I don't know how/why I have begun this aweful procrastination thing latley...I hate it!! Today is the day though!

The circus is SOOO much fun! I always went as a kid and Chuck never once went! So, I made him go 2 years ago and we took Logan so we looked legit...we had so much fun!

Have FUN tonight!!

Chachi said...

Children are so honest. I cracked up over the P.... comment. What a hoot!

I'm going to try my hand at craig's list this weekend. I have never done this before. I hope all sells. Hope you do well on craig's list, too.

Glad Kendall likes school. My daughter is looking forward to summer break as I'm sure most kids are.

Anonymous said...

It's always so funny when little boys come to that realization about the difference between boys and girls!

Have fun at the circus!

KC said...

How funny! My boys don't understand why I have to sit to pee, and they can both stand like Daddy...it still boggles their minds! haha :)

Jenelle said...

Great train table. My boys would be envious! My 4-year-old still is amazed that mommy pees out of her bottom...

 
Designed by Lena